Tuesday, December 6, 2011

a lot like christmas.

I bought multiple kits to use for my December Daily, knowing that even though it was the first year I'd be making one, that like with all projects, I go alllll out lol. Studio Calico & Ali Edwards teamed up this year to make a kit, with a perfectly sized album, but sadly I missed buying it. Which turned out AWESOME, because as you read before, I WON one :] Totally amazing, absolutely love it, thanks again Elizabeth!!!! I also purchase Elle's Studio's two winter kits, 'Tis the Season & Jack Frost. Combined with products I picked up from October Afternoon, Evaliscious && Ormolou I am soooo unbelievably excited about this project!

Lots of scrapbookers encourage everyone else doing this project to start off with foundation pages, which I sort of did. But with so many products to include and soooo many ideas, I did things a little bit differently--I collected first. And by collecting, I did everything from surfing blogs, pinterest and instagram photos of previous years and what people are already doing this year. Then I took the idea of keeping the items for the project in a specific location, like gluestick girl's idea-- because I am also a container lover and adored the idea of being able to cart around the supplies to work on this everyday project. Combining those together, I have ideas & lists [I'm a Virgo, can you tell??] that I think will really help me with having things to write about, and take pictures of every day of December.


[DECEMBER] The Studio Calico kit came with these ammmazing blank kraft calendar pages & I'm so excited to have a few leftover for other projects! This was one of the things I worked on when I was making my foundation pages, using little bits & pieces from alllll of the things I collected, and leaving some to fill in later, it's a perfect start off for my December pages.

Unlike some, I did choose to start my album the day after Thanksgiving, because for me, Black Friday is really the starting point of the Christmas craziness, and it just HAD to be included, especially this year! And I'm still waiting to do the outside of my album, which I know is a first for most people, but I really want to see the inside done & then decide what exactly I want the outside to look like.

One of my favorite foundations was made by Nancy who has definitely sparked a creative bug in me that even without being able to attend the event this year, has made me feel every bit of a sister from being so inspiring & helpful. I loved how she used rhonna designs ditigal kits to make her album, and will be incorporating some of those designs into mine as well. But aside from the products she used I totally fell for how she had so many different sized pages; from the date column, to the baseball card holders, to journaling pages, envelopes-- much more like the on the go albums, like Amy Tangerine's that I fell in love with-- perfect for memorabilia!



[December 5] Cut out a silhouette snowflake pattern, and used the outter edges as a mask for some Studio Calico Mr Huey's LOVE how it turned out, and I'm sure I'll be using this technique with tons of shapes for this album & pages later :]

So fellow bloggers, I hope you get some good ideas, inspiration and HAVE FUN with your December Daily, because I already know it will be one of my favorite projects, I'm so glad I decided I took it on!
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am blushing!! I am reading along then I spot my name! Thank You!! I love that you are waiting to do your cover till the end! Smart!! So glad you are joining us in this and I hope you will be at Spark next year!! Looking good sista! xoxoxo Hugs from Conroe, TX www.lovestocreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes! could you reveal the whole DD in your coming post... your instagram make me curious :DDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl I promise to eventually put it all up! Thanks for the interest! I'm in LOVE with my DD so far, it's been an awesome project! I'm sending a postal pix order this weekend, as soon as I get those I will defffffinitely post the complete pages!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, cannot wait to read your comment ;]